Healthy for Life Services
Healthy for Life is an Australian Government program, announced in the 2005-06 budget, which provides funding to improve the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men, mothers, babies and children.
Our project is delivered working in partnership with Orbost Regional Health.
The project aims to:
- Improve the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mothers, babies and children
- Improve the quality of life for people with a chronic condition
- Over time, reduce the incidence of adult chronic disease o help improve men’s health.
The program objectives are to:
- Availability of child and maternal health care
- Prevention, early detection and management of chronic disease
- Improve men’s health
- Long term health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Increase the capacity of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workforce.
The Healthy for Life program funds the Aboriginal Health Worker – Early Years based at Orbost Regional Health and funds our Aboriginal Health Practitioner at Moogji Aboriginal Council.
Through the Healthy for Life program both Moogji Aboriginal Council and Orbost Regional Health run a number of health promotion activities and events.